At the Captains' meeting on Monday 1 October, Match Secretary Alec Kahn outlined the duties required of captains in the Mercantile Cricket Association.
The points discussed are as follows:
Captains & Managers duties – Mercantile Cricket Association
IN LEAD-UP TO GAME:
BY TUESDAY NIGHT AFTER GAME
COVERS AT FAWKNER PARK
Each FP-based club is rostered once for covers-laying per XI & twice for covers storage
· Hessian on pitch, then single-pitch cover over it, with 6-8 pegs.
· Then two large covers over the top, to cover most/all of table.
· Cover lower half of table first, pegged all the way round every third hole. (Tables on MCA-hired grounds are lower on the west side except Walker East.)
· Then cover higher half, overlapping other cover by at least a metre and held down on overlap by weights (eg sandbags).
Putting away covers:
· At FP, home sides must roll up each cover into tight barrel shape as shown in scorebook.
· Leave at edge of ground closest to Southern Pavilion, together with folded hessian and pegs in ammo box, for rostered storage club to collect.
· Must collect covers/hessian/pegs on trolleys and store neatly in covers room.
· If not folded properly or pegs left out, photograph the problem and fix it.
· Send photos to match secretary. Offending club will be fined $20 per cover or peg-set that has to be rectified, and storage club reimbursed for labour.
· Storage club will be fined for each cover not put away in covers room in correct barrel shape to fit on trolley next time.
OTHER THORNY ISSUES
· Forfeit -- must be done via Match Sec, not via opponent